Monday, January 12, 2015

Making the Best of It

Hey Everyone,

So first an update on our strange meeting last week with the Branch President. He never apologized for yelling at everyone but he has mellowed out a lot. I think he just came to the end of his rope with church and work and everything else and just lost it for a bit. He is the chief nurse at a hospital in Monteria so I'm pretty sure that would be stressful. My comp and I have been brainstorming on how to help him be less stressed and we have stepped up even more trying to get the members to take more initiative with the member so they can help us in our area. We have been trying to show him more love. I hope it works. I feel bad he was so overwhelmed. Everybody has bad days though. 

Also I just got of the phone with the zone leaders about the transfers and I'm not going any where, however Elder Conti is going to a different district of the zone. I’m going to be with Elder Smith for my last transfer. He wont be here until Tuesday or Wednesday so next week I will have an update on what he is like. He will be my first non latino comp, kind of crazy. Six more weeks now and then I’m done. This is getting weird.

As far as the rest of the week it was filled with lots of little miracles. Just the spirit telling us to do something and the results were answers to prayers of another. I will share one. yesterday I got super sick after an appointment so we went back to the house and I thew up all of my lunch that day. I felt crappy and didn't want to go anywhere but the spirit told me. “You feel good enough, go to your next appointment. Don't stay in the house.” When we got there the Sister’s little boy had a high fever and was crying softly. She asked us to bless her son to make him feel better. I know that she had been praying for help. The spirit was able to guide us in ways that we did not quite understand in the moment but because we listened we were able to be tools in the Lords hands. I know that God loves his children and that he always sends help and almost aways it is though his worthy sons and daughters that he sends that help. I’m so grateful that we have so many opportunities to help mothers in our lives.

So that is all I have time to write. I’m sorry that it’s a short letter but I have to help the zone leaders with the meeting that they are going to have. They have asked me to teach a little of what I taught in the last district meeting. Its about planing for the spirit and receiving revelation as to the date in which our investigators are to be baptized so I have like no time left, sorry.

However I want to let you guys know that I love you and I have felt your prayers and I’d like to thank you for your support. Hope you all have a great week.

Toodles,
Alec

Lemonade flavored “Crack”. Not sure about this.

After last weeks district meeting Elder Conti and I splurged on dessert.


Last Monday a nice member had our whole district over for to eat.
It was awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment