Monday, July 21, 2014

The Push To Work

Hi Everybody,

So first off apparently my family went on a cruise last week. I’m glad they had fun but I didn’t even know they were leaving until I got a letter that said ``hello from Texas´´ from Lydia. I thought that she had gone with my Dad to Texas to pick up a new scooter. Not even close. They were sailing without me, crazy!

Well the past few weeks I have continued to have problems with my comp being trunky, especially the last week. I have been following my Dad’s advice to do what he wants for a little each day and then get to work with what the lords wants us to do but it just sucks sometimes. He doesn’t follow the rules very often, he has bought a cell phone from money he saved up from the money of the mission, and plans to buy a laptop, and for the last month and a half he has stopped writing his family. He just watches soap operas on youtube while I’m writing everyone. I have told the president all this in my letters each week and he says that he will take care of it so I’m not worried. The President even told me in the interviews that we had recently that he put me with him since he knew I would be able to stand him and not get super high strung from dealing with his trunkyness so that made me feel good. I feel bad saying I cant wait until this is over. I’m just going to have to trust what it says in Ether 12:6. The other missionaries say I live in the house of the Walking Dead. That’s what they call it in the mission when you end the mission dying. Well, Elder Pulido and Elder Roa are in their last week, and my companion Elder Marichi is super trunky since he has only one transfer left. It’s hard to even get him out of the house some days and when I finally do get him out of the house, he walks super slow and lags behind so I have to stop every few yards to let him catch up. I have tried walking at his pace, but he just walks slower. Just so frustrating sometimes.

However, other then that we had a good week. This Sunday two less active members were rescued. We also gave the the suggestion that she receive a calling with the young single adults  because she was working with them before she went inactive and really enjoyed working with the members of that age. Her husband was the other rescue. He has lots of energy to be put into the work of the church. They both became less active because money was tight, so they took jobs staying up late. With these jobs they were unable to come to church because they would get back to their house at 4 or 5 in the morning. They were able to find replacements recently, so they can come to church every week now. It’s so good to see.

We are also expecting a baptism this week. We talked to the sister and said she wanted to talk with one of the the brothers in the ward, Brother Correa. I know she wants to be baptized but she is just scared to commit. I know that Brother Correa is going to help her make those last steps she needs to be firm in her decision. Brother Correa is just a an amazingly smart man. I have a whole list of books he recommended I read from the church. Right now the tally is 26 books that I’m going to buy when I get back. My plan is to be one of those old people that argue about deep doctrine when I’m in my 70s-80s-90s so I need to start now to be ahead of the game.

This wednesday coming back from the orthopedic clinic was pretty exciting. Our taxi got hit by a bus. Now hold your horses, it just side swiped the back quarter panel. We were not hurt in any way. We even got to pay less to get home since the taxi driver didn’t charge us and we were about half way home so we just had to pay the fare of the second taxi. So now I have a cool story to add to my list of cool stories.

Sadly, once again I have nothing fun to do on p-day and no money to pay extra for the time to upload photos. I was planing to send a letter and a package to two people in the states, but my zone leader forgot to bring my reimbursement to the soccer field this morning so I will have to get that done next week. But it gets worse, my zone leader also told me that he has my package in his house and forgot to bring that too so I have to wait until tonight to get it. Life is just so hard and I’m getting really tired of people not paying me back from the office and having to beg my parents for food money. People Do your jobs!!!!

Well thats all folks, have a good week now and I hope it is super snazzy.

Love,
Alec




No comments:

Post a Comment