Monday, August 18, 2014

Baggy Shirts & New Peeps To Teach

Hola Everyone,

So first I need some help from. So you remember the family history stories you sent with me on my mission, well I lost them in like last October and I miss them. Can you send me more. I liked reading them. I also want you guys to send me a pocket Book of Mormon in English in my next package along with a pair of suspenders? I want to make something to keep my shirt tucked in. I have lost weight so my shirts get all lose and baggy though out the day. I would just buy some here but they are some sort of luxury item and pricey. I’m a poor missionary so everything costs a lot so if you could help me out with those few things I would appreciate it.

This week we were able to contact the niece of our ward mission leader and her boyfriend. They had a death recently in the family so they asked us to teach the plan of salvation. We ended right after the spirit world and the aunt shared her testimony/experience about what happened when she went to the temple. She took the name of the brother that died to the temple to have the baptism done. She got to watch the man be baptized for her nephew. She burst in to tears and said she heard a whisper saying thank you. I touched my heart and wanted to share it with you guys.

We also got to contact a reference from two of the sisters in our ward. Sister Neila and Sister Adreana reached out to a couple named Raul and Rocio. They told us that though efforts of these two sister that they felt the pure love of Christ in there lives. They are so great. They even asked how long it would take before they could be baptized. We have plans to share the Joseph Smith movie with them this week. I’m very excited about it.

The best part of my week was having one of the youth of the ward that is getting ready to go on a mission ask if he could study with us in the mornings. I was so touched that he wanted to be with us and prepare to be a missionary. We are going to start on Tuesday studying with him and will meet him at the church. It should be great.

The worst part of my week has been my comp still being super trunky. He just wants to go back to the house and tries to do nothing all day. I’m just tired of dealing with his foolish aspirations of renouncing his calling as a representative of Jesus Christ before his calling is over. Sing along:
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell--
All is well! All is well!

This to shall pass. Next transfer hopefully we are both moving on.

Also, I’m glad that Dad finally about to finish the cafe racer. I will be stunning when its all said and done. So question, to build a cafe do you need to spend all the money you did? Because I know you may laugh but I want to build one now. Obviously not to the extent that you have but a more basic Cafe that still looks cool and classic. Could you let me know if this is even possible or if I’m just a confused little boy with his eyes being to big for his stomach?

To end on a happy note. I’m glad that you and mom could celebrate 25 years together. Its awesome to hear about a couple that is really living what marriage should be after seeing every one here living in "free unions”. Thanks to you both for being such a great example for me.

Have a great week
Alec

P.S. I got a letter this week that you guys sent to me in the MTC 1 1/2 years ago. A bit slow but all letters are appreciated.

I made mini pizzas because I can.


I also got a Super Heroes Package from my Mom this week for August. Sadly this was not a web making device. I was highly disappointed. Members and Missionaries ask me what my parents send in my packages since they are awesome and I get one each month. For some reason the look at me strange when I tell them toys and candy. I think its awesome!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment