Monday, October 27, 2014

Being In Charge

Hey Everyone,

So just so you all know, I am loving being district leader. Its pretty sweet. I never really wanted to be it but I was mistaken. I have found that I like being district leader, not because am “powerful," its more because I like being able to help out the other missionaries in my district. I also love the baptismal interviews. I am super glad that I was called to do this. I feel like I have been able to help people out. It made me remember a quote “It is a curious thing, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.”  Gotta love Albus Dumbledore. It is a lot of work and late nights but I don’t seem to mind.

I haven’t done any trade offs recently. I need to get my area up to snuff before I can start doing that. President Pitrach taught me that trade offs are to show the Elders how they should beI'm doing things, not to say that I'm doing it better  but just try to be the example. He told me to think about my own personal area should be a “Show Room” with lots of shiny cars and all the newest tech so that others will see its awesome and want to work like that. I’m thinking I'm going to start doing exchanges the end of this week or the first of next week. I need time to get everything ready.

Well, the best part of my week this time was when we got to teach the Zuñiga family. They are all just so great. The mom is a less active member and the daughters are non members. Four of the daughters have baptismal dates now and are super excited about it. One even told a friend when she asked what religion she was she said “right now I'm not in any church but I'm going to join the mormons and be baptized”. It was so great to hear that. I’m so happy that there are people looking for the truth in the world. It reminds me of this scripture:

D&C 123
12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—
13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—
14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.

Wednesday was kind of fun this week.We got to baby sit an Elder until his new comp came from Armania. Well, “baby sitting” is a strong word, it was more like he was accompanying us until his comp came in at 2 so we just hung out and went to lunch then picked up his comp. So yes, that means that transfers happened this week and Elder Conti and I are still together. I’m pretty sure we are going to be together for at least one more transfer after this but I'm not sure. He is great to work with.

So still no news from the office as to when I leave. My visa expires March 5th so by my count the closest transfer is the last week of February but I know nothing at the moment so everyone can stop asking. As soon as I get my “trunky letter” I will tell you all.
Well, I have to apologize for only one photo this week. I hope I left my camera in the house because I cant find it in my bag. Next week I should have it. Sorry : (

Well, that shall be all my benevolent compatriots, until next week.

Toodles,
Alec


2 for 1 McDonald’s Combos - Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment