Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Settling In


Hola,

First off while I am in the CCM (Bogota MTC), my p-day is Wednesdays and I will only have 30 min to read and write letters to everyone so if they are short you know why. The CCM is great and all the people are really nice. It kind of small and in the middle of a residential area. From all the stuff I have heard about Provo I can say it is much better here. There are only like 20 Americans here and all the rest like 80 are Latinos. Its crazy since I can only pick out small parts of what they are saying. The american guys are really awesome and are really fun to hang out with. We have no teachers in the after noon for some reason right now so we have a lot of time to get to know each other. I’ve picked up a lot of Spanish since I got here its amazing. Its like one week here is like one year in school back home. The food is really good here in the CCM, because its all fresh. I’m doing really good and I’m really busy.

Funny story, while I was teaching a practice investigator I messed up the scripture I read in Spanish. It was supposed to be about jesus's baptism, Matthew 3:16-17. Instead I read Matthew 2:16-17 which is when Herrod kills all of the children after he cant find Jesus. 

We went to the temple today. The traffic down her in Bogota is insane. 10x worse then it was in Mexico that time, but it was cool hearing the temple program in Spanish. They let you rent clothes in the temple in Bogota but the missionaries get them for free.

Also they took my camera away while I am in the CMM and they give it back after I leave. Actually they take everyones so it is not a distraction so I wont be able to send any pictures till I’m out. On the good side, they do take pictures all over the place for us and put them on a disk and give them to all the missionaries of the CMM on the day we leave.

Time is up so I have to go.

Love,
Alec
Bogota MTC

Bogota Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment