Monday, August 26, 2013

A Triple Baptism!


Hola Everyone,

So sorry about not writing last week. It really was not my fault. We were on our way to write when we got a phone call from a family that we needed to come back to the house. It turns out their calling is to clean all of the mission houses in our mission. It was a gift sent from heaven. They had heavy duty chemicals to clean everything. The house has never been so clean. We started cleaning with them at 11:30 am and finish at 7:00 pm, the house needed a lot of work. No word yet on us possibly moving and now that our place is deep cleaned its awesome which is actually good since transfers came and went again and I’m still here. I’m still not going any here, and I’m still not changing companions. This will be the 4th transfer with him. I don’t know who God wants us to find in this area, but we had better find them this transfer. It would be nice to see some other areas. That or the president has a weird sense of humor.

Last Saturday was pretty cool. We had 3 baptisms and it was awesome. It was a mother and her 8 year old son and the last one was a sister of a recent convert. She wanted to follow the example of her sister and be baptized. I baptized the boy and the sister of the member. It was the very first time I was in the font baptizing since I did it in the temple before I left. It felt amazing. I used one of the special tie knots that I can’t usually wear here on the mission to be fancy and celebrate for them. We bought a big cake for everyone that showed up too.

Oh and as far as food goes, the member are still feeding us. It is normally the same people each month/week. The people are finally understanding that I don't eat mountains of food so the amount they try to give me is a lot better now. I felt bad wasting their limited food. It’s still the same rice meat and soup not very exciting but its nice they want to help us. Although the other day the other elders and I bought pizza for 28million pesos. I know its only like 14 dollars but thats a lot for us here in Colombia.

I am learning a new skill now too. I have started learning card tricks from the free time we have in the morning and the night. Its been pretty fun. I use it to keep the attention of children in the lessons when it does not distract from the lesson so that has been pretty fun.

Also this week I repaired the motorcycle for a investigator. The front and rear brakes were not working, like at all. I had told him that I helped my dad back home restore vintage scooters, so he thought he would see if he could have the american elder fix it for him for FREE instead of paying some one to do it. It wasn’t that hard. After all I had watched dad do the brakes on then Heinkle and the Rally. I had to disassemble the rear hub to get to the braking mechanism. It had both of its two springs lose so it was just banging around in side the hub. I reset the springs. and tightened everything down. After that it was really easy to adjust the screw and the brake lever.

I also liked hearing about the families trip this week too and it did not really make me sad or homesick. It looked like a lot of fun like all the stuff we did last year. Nice Braden got to do it this time. That sucks that Braden dropped his phone off the ship though. He was using the 4S I using before my mission right? Its pretty cool that you guys celebrated your 24th Wedding Anniversary on the ship. 

Love you guys,
Alec

Jesus and I in the font.

The three people being baptized: Yoana (Joana) the mom, 
Jesus her son and Marta the sister of our convert.

Gomez and I before the baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment