Monday, June 30, 2014

Banned from the World Cup

Hola Amigos,

So the lady that had the baptism set, the one that was going on vacation and was going to to it when she got back is one of the people that we had to drop. Its so sad. She just didn’t want to do what she needed to do to get baptized, which was to get married. She was fine with the idea, but to leave and do all of the errands to get married she just didn’t feel she had time for. Once again we have all the money and paperwork that people have to do for the government make it so they can’t get baptized. The bishop talked to everyone on Sunday about morality and how important it is. You can’t just live together just because you cant afford the marriage fees. We will see if any of the things he said will make it through to her. On a good note though, we do have a baptism planed for the 26th of July. The Sister is on vacation right now, but told us before she left that she is going to get baptized right when she gets back so we are planing to get all that set up for when she gets back.

As for an update on my feet at this point they are at about 95%. I have another checkup in two weeks, but I’m pretty sure that it is going to be the last one. Speaking of which, the appointment I had last week was fantastic. They made sure the nail was growing correctly. After cutting the nail a little, the nurse pulled out a Dremel and buffed my feet and nails with it. It was a little weird. After she finished she said ``If you`ll wait just a moment I will get the things iI need for the massage.´´ I had no idea I was going to get a foot massage, it was awesome. They had a heat lamp that they used and put body butter on my feet. They were so smooth afterwards. Sister Pitrach must really love her missionaries for having sent me there.

As for transfers last time, I’m still here. We do have a new elder in the house. His name is Elder Pulido. He is from Mexico, and get this, he was in the same high school as Elder Gomez. They were even friends. He is a really cool guy he played football (American) in high school. hHe also likes trance and house music, super chill. I was sad to see Elder Rucker go, but Elder Pulido is also great.

The food here is really starting to get me down. Sadly the best thing I ate all week was the pizza we bought last Monday. Well, I guess thats not sad for me. Its just that Colombian food is all the same. They don’t change anything ever. Rice, over cooked meat, and salad, with soup on the side some times. I have eaten those four things for all of my mission and I don’t see that changing real soon. I just miss being able to eat lots of different foods. Its not that the food here tastes bad, its just boring. 

So one crazy thing, we have to stay inside the days that Colombia plays in the World Cup. The president told us in his letter last week to just stay inside, if you have to leave for what ever reason make it quick and don’t make a scene. It is straight up dangerous for us to be in the street while they are playing in Brazil, especially if they were to lose. So its better if we just stay inside. We will just have to plan ahead.

So my friend Holland wrote me and told me about this cool game they play in her mission. Look at any thing as you are walking down the street, in your house, any where, and apply how they can teach a gospel doctrine. It really brings Alma 30:40 to life:

``But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.``
You should try it some time its fun. 

Love,
Alec


P.S. No pictures again, I really am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment