Monday, September 1, 2014

Painting Service

Hola Amigos,

Well, we had a miracle, we actually did service this week. Saturday morning we got up early and took a tiny little bus to the top of the mountain. When we got there we painted two classrooms of a tiny school. It was so cool. All the kids were thanking us when we left. It made me feel super good inside to help them out. I really wish we had more service opportunities here. It would help us meet so many more people.

Well, the foot doctor things isn’t over yet it turns out. They keep having me come in for check ups every three weeks which is a good thing since when I went in on Wednesday it was inflamed slightly so they took care of that. I normally have enough money from the mission to go for the check ups but some times it doesn’t work out like that. As for the mission insurance. the hospital that takes our insurance is super posh and nice but they would have just cut the nail and sent me home to never see me again. Thats why Sister Pitarch sent me where I’m going so we can be sure that it doesn’t come back. I can’t say I mind the foot massage and pedicure either.

One of the best parts of the week was the Talent show that we had on Saturday with our ward. I sang Someone Like You by Adele. The missionaries also preformed a skit of the fastest mugging ever. It was a super fun time. All the members enjoyed it. They also participated a lot too and we got a really good turn out.

Another amazing thing that happened this week was that a sister that we have been teaching finally accepted a date for baptism, well in reality she flat out told us on Sunday “I’m going to get baptized on Friday, so I would like it if you guys could get everything taken care of.” It was super cool to see that all of our work is paying off.

Well, I'm going to try and keep my spirits. I only have one more week on death watch. I’m hoping I can get My comp to stay motivated, if not I do have the Presidents permission to frag him so that should be fun if I get the chance. Thanks so much for helping me though all his trunkiness, by reinforcing the reason I came out here. Thanks so much. Next weeks transfers can’t come soon enough.


Also,  the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42. I really thought it out, it is also why I put it on the jersey I had made.

I love you guys lots, have a great week.

Toodles,
Alec

Walking the paint up the hill and to the school. 
I was the tallest so they made me paint the ceiling.

Here is the baptism picture for this week. Love it when they progress.


Here is our award for participating in the talent show and extra pic of me
 because my Mom has been complaining she does not get enough pictures with me in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment