Monday, September 29, 2014

Emergency Transfer Part 2 or My New Life in Montaria

Hey Everyone,

I know all of you have been waiting for the details of my emergency transfer so here is my story. My zone leaders me Monday and told me I needed to head back to our fat and pack up my bags for an emergency transfer to Montaria on the coast. I got no details just that I needed to get to the airport. I packed up all my stuff and got everything ready to leave. My flight was at 2 in the afternoon. I got there with my comp and checked in and paid for my over weight bags. He then sat and waited with me for our zone leaders to show up. They barely made it in time to send me off and they actually had money to reimburse me for the bags I had just paid for. I was the only Elder on the plane, it felt weird to be alone. I had a plan to talk with the person next to me and share the gospel but she fell asleep instantly and the lady across the aisle kept blessing herself with the cross so I didn’t feel like I could talk to her. I think she was afraid to fly. The flight was short and boring and I was in the coast super fast. At first I was unsure about coming back to the coast for the heat but after the first day being here again, it brought back all the fond memories. I was also able to have my first baptism interview as District Leader the day that I arrived. I’m pretty excited to have that responsibility. Apparently the Zone Leaders thought that I had already been a district leader before and didn't even think about if I knew how to do the interview. Luckily, I have almost always had district leaders for my companions so I knew the whole process. I’m super excited to be district leader, I know I’m going to do a good job or die trying.

As for my new house I came to, it was terrible. The elders before never cleaned it. Elder Conti, my new comp,had only been there for 2 weeks. He had tried to clean up a bit but it was a mess. He actually has not been feeling good, details on that further down. I was able to do a deep cleaning of the house right after I got there though. It is now spotless. You could even eat off the floor if you wanted, although I don’t recommended it. Its nice to have a clean house now. I had to buy heavy chemicals to get everything clean, then disinfected every thing with bleach so that we wouldn’t get sick from the nastiness that was there before. I now just need to buy a few things that the house needs to finish the job.

My new comp Elder Conti is an awesome guy. We have been able to bond this week chatting about stuff as we hung out in the house since he couldn’t leave. My comp and I were so blessed that you guys sent me the money for the bags and then I got repaid right before my flight left. The money that you were able to send me may have saved my companions life. Wednesday night my comp was taken to the ER for possible dengue fever. The Zone Leaders were going to just make him a doctors appointment but I knew he was in serious trouble so I decided not to wait for them and took him to the hospital myself. He was given 4 bags of saline because he was so dehydrated. I was only able to take him because I had the money that you sent me. He is okay now, just super tired and his joints hurt but thats life with dengue. He just needs to rest now. It can’t be passed from person to person so nobody needs to panic. Since he has been on bed rest we have been ably to get to really know each other these last few days. It’s been nice. I think that being here to help him was one of the big reasons I was transferred so fast. He would have been in serious trouble without me.

The actual reason for my transfer was that the Elder before me was having a problem with a sister in the area. She was in love with him and stalking him and he wanted nothing to do with that so he called the President before it became a problem. So it’s not like he was being a bad missionary or anything. He just didn’t want to be the man candy of someone in the coast. He was smart to call for help.

Well, something funny that happened this week is that I got scared by a little toad. I was taking pictures of the house one night and went to take a photo of the patio when something jumped out at me from out of the darkness. It scared the crap out of me. When I saw that it was just a toad I felt really stupid. Since he had no way of getting out of our patio (I don’t know how he got here in the first place with our high walls), I trapped him in a box then carried him to the front door then let him free. 

Well, thats been my week of coast adventures. I hope all goes well back in the states, for me I’m doing good here.


Our toad visitor and the patio we have.

Pics of my new house. Like our fancy beds?

Farewell Medellin.

No comments:

Post a Comment